This position proactively works with other departments to accomplish ministry goals on time, communicates effectively (both verbally and in writing), is highly organized and able to prioritize multiple competing projects in a prompt, creative and professional manner. This position may need to manage more than one design brief at a time. Asides, a Graphic Designer will work on a variety of communication materials, such as website graphics, social media graphics, posters, corporate communications, etc. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. You are very familiar with using Adobe Creative Suite of products, including Indesign.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts, using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign to generate new images.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Confer with Pastoral Office / Departmental Head to discuss and determine layout design.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, logos, and websites.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, and making necessary changes.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for management.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Prepare notes and instructions for designers to assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- Develop constructive/cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Provide information to management, staff and outside contacts by telephone, in written form, email and/or in person.
- Keep up-to-date with new technology and equipment.
- May be required to coordinate and/or train other designers in the creative team, including volunteers.
- Vacancy only open for Malaysians only.
- Verification of reference and referral sources and statements.
- Completion of all required forms and documents including, but not limited to, an application form and ministry questionnaire.
- Design portfolio.